One of the good business nowadays is making a laundry bar soap. Most households are looking for cheap and good quality laundry soap in the market. This is a great opportunity for you to build your own business at home. So learn to make laundry bar soap today.
The procedure in making the laundry soap is very easy. Coconut Oil is the main ingredient use in this process.
Materials and Ingredients (for 28 bars):
- 8 kg Coco oil
- 5 kg Caustic soda solution, 36oBe [30% solution]
- 90 g Soda ash
- 48 g Salt
- 400 g Sodium silicate
- 40 mL CDEA [coco diethanolamide]
- 20 mL Citronella oil
- 6 L Water
Equipment and Tools:
- Plastic pail – 16 L cap. ; 20 L cap. 
- Hydrometer, 0-70oBe
- Weighing scale – 10 kg
- Wooden stirrer/manual or electric mixer
- Spatula, stainless
- Basin (large)
- Graduated cylinder
Preparation of Materials:
- Caustic soda solution, 36oBe (30% solution)
- Dissolve 2 kg caustic soda in 4.6 liters water. Cool to room temperature, check the concentration with the hydrometer, adjust (if necessary) and filter if needed before using.
- Dissolve salt, soda ash and sodium silicate in 1.4 L of water.
Procedure on making the Laundry Bar Soap
- Measure or weigh carefully the required quantity of coco oil.
- Weigh the lye or caustic soda solution required (5 kg) and add slowly to the oil, stirring continuously for about 30-45 minutes until it attains the condensed milk-like consistency.
- Add the measured amounts of dissolved additives and CDEA (foam booster) with continuous stirring from 5-10 minutes more. Then add the essential oil with stirring. Stop stirring when the mixture attains a viscosity similar to condensed milk.
- Pour the homogenous viscous soap mixture into the moulder, allow to set at room temperature for 12 hours or until soap solidifies.
- Cut the soap into bars of suitable sizes with a string or wire attached to the wooden/metal cutter. Twenty-eight (28) bars will be produced. The soap is white or creamy white. Cut bar into 4 pieces and pack in a plastic bag.
- Allow to age from 7 to 10 days to complete the saponification reaction.
Source: mis.dost.gov.ph; photo: tootoo.com