Tilapia is low fat fish and the first fish to be farmed. Tilapia is a white fish with a slight pinkish color which is the third most important fish in aquaculture after carps and salmons. Tilapia have very low levels of mercury as they are a fast-growing and short-lived fish that mostly eats by people. Tilapia has a good flavor and texture. They are versatile and easily adapted to most any kind of cooking. In this Tilapia Longganisa recipe, you can start your own small business at home.
- 1 kilo minced tilapia flesh
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 5 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup ground garlic
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- Cut the tilapia into cubes and pass through the grinder.
- Wash minced fish with chilled 0.3% brine solution.
- Mixed all ingredients and blend well.
- Stuff manually in a pig casing.
- Tie it with a cotton thread in equal distance of about 2 inches.
- Pack and keep frozen for longer storage.
source: Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources